Fulton County Jail Inmate Mail Procedures
Effective February 1, 2020, Fulton County Jail will no longer accept personal mail. All personal mail should be addressed in the following manner:
Photographs (NO POLAROID PICTURES)
- Photographs must be 4” X 6” or smaller, larger photos will not be accepted.
- The inmate’s name and SO number must be written on the back of each photograph. Nothing else is to be written on the photographs.
- Photographs must be unaltered and may not contain any adhesives, such as stickers or labels.
- Photographs must not depict sexual activity, visibly expose the breast, pubic area or buttocks, contain gang signs or codes or promote or show illegal activity. Note: Fulton County Jail Dress Code applies to photographs.
- Should be written in BLUE or BLACK INK ONLY.
- Postcards must be white in color and are available at any United States Post Office.
- No defaced or altered postcards.
- No plastic or wrappings on postcard.
- No postcards marked with paint, crayons or marker.
- No postcards with labels or stickers.
- No postcards with watermarks or stains.
- No postcards with any biohazards, including perfumes or lipstick.
- No postcards depicting nudity, weapons or gang references.
- Postcards should not have affixed stamps.
- Should be written in preferable BLUE or BLACK INK.
- Unpriviledged (non legal) letters of any length.
All mail will be scanned into the system for incarcerated individuals to view on various kiosks and tablets. If you are sending pictures and would like them returned you must include a stamped, self-addressed envelope. A return name and address must appear on the envelope. Failure to follow proper procedure will result in the mail being returned to the sender.
Legal mail and money orders should be addressed in the following manner:
- Legal mail will be accepted and opened in the presence of the inmate.
Money Orders (ONLY POSTAL MONEY ORDERS WILL BE ACCEPTED)
Send a Money Order to the jail using these procedures:
- ONLY U.S. Postal money orders are accepted.
- The envelope must be clearly marked “INMATE ACCOUNTING”.
- No additional correspondence will be accepted with incoming inmate funds.
If additional contents are located inside the envelope, the entire package will be returned to sender.